Guide to Merino wool for kids
Read our quick guide to Merino wool clothing for babies, toddlers and children of all ages. We hope you find it useful.
- A Merino base layer is a natural insulator for babies, toddlers and children (not to mention grown-ups too).
- Merino wool breathes and has the ability to respond to changes in body temperature, helping keep little ones cool when it’s hot and warm when it gets chilly.
- Merino is the only natural fibre which can absorb up to 40% humidity, without feeling damp.
- Our Merino wonder woollies come in long and short sleeved vests, leggings and baby bodies. Superb base layers and often used as winter PJs.
- As Merino thermals regulate the body temperature, teenagers sweat less and therefore smell ‘fresher’ for longer which make a Merino base layer ideal for skiing holidays, school activity trips and camping holidays.
- Merino is incredibly soft, so especially suited to children with delicate skins and allergies.
- Due to Merino’s anti-bacterial and odour control properties, Merino thermals and base layers can be worn for several days without washing.
- Merino is an easy care fabric - machine washable at 40°C.
See our range of Merino wool base layers for children here. For Merino thermals for adults click here.
The Campaign for Wool
Join the Campaign for Wool: Live Naturally + Choose Wool: it’s warm, safe and gentle on the planet.
The Campaign for Wool is a global community of sheep farmers, retailers, designers, manufacturers and you, the wool lover!
The Campaign for Wool aims to educate as many people as possible about the incredible benefits and versatility of wool in fashion, furnishings and everyday life. This in turn, supports many small businesses and local farmers whose livelihoods depend on the wool industry.