Raindrops’ top tips for choosing rainwear
Here at Raindrops, we’ve been supplying Scandinavian rainwear to families, schools and nurseries for over eighteen years. With so much choice these days from the good, the bad and the ugly, we’re often asked for advice about what to look for when buying waterproofs for children. Here are our top tips:
- Check out the fabric – is it phalates free and does it have an oko-tex certificate. If these issues are of importance to you , then this is the first thing to look out for when buying rainwear.
- Make sure the fabric is soft and comfy to wear.
- Buy a size that will allow your child to wear a fleece underneath the rainwear shell on those colder days.
- Look for reflective strips on jackets and trouser/dungarees – help your child be seen and be safe.
- Children don’t like ‘squeaky’ rainwear – you know that type of rainwear that you can hear coming!
- Hoods are useful – so make sure it is a functional hood.
- Machine washable rainwear is a plus but always follow the washing instructions on the garment (and below).
- Washing Instructions: Wash at 30 degrees. We recommend using a mild non biological detergent. Never use fabric softeners as this will break down the features of the garment. Wash inside out closing all press studs and zips. Drip dry only. Never tumble dry.
- Make sure the rainwear has a minimum water column of 3,000m - that means the garment is waterproof.
If we can help you choose the right rainwear for your children, don't hesitate to get in touch.